Saturday, April 2, 2011

Frist things first, Smoothies.

I have decided that I am starting small. I need to get my good smoothie down and then move forward.

I am starting with the green smoothie and my super power smoothie. They are both really good for you and I am learning so many great things about Coconut water and that is in the smoothies. I choose the super power smoothie for my husband and kids because I read that if you try the green one first with your kids they will never try them again.



Alkaline Green Smoothieyield-

1 smoothie approx 12-16oz

6″ piece of cucumber

3 medium Kale leaves, torn

5 stems fresh mint

3 stems fresh parsley

1″ piece fresh ginger

1 avocado

1 cup coconut water

fresh juice of one lime

1-2 tsp udo’s oil

1-2 tbsp hemp seeds

2-3 drops stevia or a tsp of agave

Method

Place all ingredients into high speed blender and mix until smooth, adding a little filtered water if needed for consistency. Enjoy!


Super Powered Smoothie 1/2c unsweetened almond milk1

1/4c coconut water

1c blueberries- pref frozen

2/3c raspberries-pref frozen (you can use frozen strawberries in place or in addition to)

1 avocado (slice in half, remove seed and then just squeeze each piece in half right into blender)

2 tbsp agave syrup or 2 tsp xylitol or stevia or a mix of 2 or 3 of these – I often use a combination

3 tbsp fresh coconut meat if you have some on hand (this makes it taste smooth and creamy-yum)

1 tsp vanilla- alcohol free liquid or pure ground vanilla powder

1/2 to 1 tsp super greens powder (very concentrated)

2 tbsp omega 3 oil (Nutra Sea +D is apple flavoured and tastes nice)

3-4 tbsp raw hemp nuts Method

Place all ingredients in blender and blend well to mince the raspberry seeds, adding additional coconut water for consistency if needed. It becomes a nice thick creamy mixture as the avocado whips up quite nicely-as though there was yogurt in the recipe. I use a vitamix blender, it’s my most used appliance besides the juicer. Yields approx 4-5 cups


Next up is my granola.

No comments:

Post a Comment